Hurricane Isaac Approaches Louisiana With 80mph Winds And Major Rain
Updated - 5:00am, Aug, 28.
Miami, Fla. -
Isaac became a hurricane earlier today with top sustained winds of 80mph making it a category 1. Isaac carries with it major rainfall coving a large area and flooding is likely and considered the biggest threat at this time.
The National Hurricane Center's update at 5:00 AM EDT Sat Aug 28
Location: 28.7°N 89.2°W with max sustained winds of 80mph and is moving NW at 8mph. The central minimum pressure is at 975mb.
A HURRICANE WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR...
* EAST OF MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA TO THE ALABAMA-FLORIDA BORDER...
INCLUDING METROPOLITAN NEW ORLEANS...LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN...AND LAKE
A HURRICANE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR...
* INTRACOASTAL CITY TO MORGAN CITY LOUISIANA
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR...
* THE ALABAMA-FLORIDA BORDER TO THE AUCILLA RIVER
* MORGAN CITY TO CAMERON LOUISIANA
A TROPICAL STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR...
* EAST OF HIGH ISLAND TEXAS TO JUST WEST OF CAMERON LOUISIANA